Made from high quality, natural deposits of limestone, and meeting exacting chemical and physical properties, Carmeuse has a broad range of crushed limestone products that provide high-performance, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly attributes and benefits for the construction industry.
Crushed Limestone Aggregate
Composed of calcium carbonate, CaCO3, limestone aggregate has chemical and physical properties that deliver exceptional performance and value in a broad range of applications, particularly in the construction industry.
Crushed Limestone Aggregates provide:
- Higher yields — limestone is very durable and wear resistant which contributes to higher spread rates
- Light weight — limestone is about 6% lighter than granite aggregate or gravel
- Permeability — limestone is an ideal product for maintaining natural water flow and drainage while meeting regulatory compliance for managing run-off, controlling pollutants, and sustaining forestry
- Versatility — various grade sizes of limestone make it ideal for a broad range of applications such as filler, base course, landscaping and agriculture.
- Availability — limestone is plentiful throughout North America
- Affordability — limestone is one of the highest value/lowest cost construction aggregates available
Crushed Limestone Aggregate is popularly used for based course, ready-mix concrete, and asphalt production and in: Construction